I walked into a very dramatic scene yesterday involving lots of cars and trucks, crashing sounds (Boom, Bash, BAM), yelling and then the ultimate slam when the transformer swept in and told the weakly digger to “Move over you big boo boo”!!!!
I had to walk away so as not to keel over laughing then and there. I really should be thankful, we can be sorta potty mouths over here, but if that’s the best he’s got at 3 1/2 I’m thankful for that, once preschool starts I feel like his vocabulary will grow extensively and not in all the ways we want.
So in the meantime, “You big Boo Boo” whatever that is, works for me.
I may have to try it myself some time!
To think this face could say anything bad!!!
- Windsor author on why it’s OK for kids to swear (metronews.ca)
- “Mum, why were swear words invented?” (hollypheby.wordpress.com)
- Putting a Lid on It: Quick Tips to Get Your Kids to Stop Swearing (socyberty.com)
- The Bully-vard Of Broken Bones (introducingmethegreat.wordpress.com)
- Dropping the F-bomb (iol.co.za)
- How to Get Your Kids to Stop Swearing (parentingtipsforchildren.wordpress.com)
- Proud Parenting moments: Swearing (samhitarhodes.wordpress.com)