A fabulous follower, Chopping Potatoes who I recently learned through such a nomination dresses her kids in Star Wars clothes, clearly a women after my own heart, nominated me for this wonderful honor. While I’m not sure I quite deserve it, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know that somehow all my crazy rantings on parenthood and this life as we know it, occasionally touches others somehow, whether it be to simply put a smile on your face or to give you that moment when you can say, thank god that isn’t me, I appreciate each and every one of my followers. Speaking of which I also want to throw out an apology for the fact that I often ignore the crazy grammar girl that reigns inside me just to get my posts posted and then go back through hours/days later horrified at the lack of editing and my inability to convince you I have mastered basic grammar. So for that I’m sorry. Now on to the Versatile Blogger award…If you find yourself nominated then magically you have been awarded, isn’t that the best no voting, no waiting for results, it’s just instant gratification, totally my kind of award, for more information check out the Versatile Blogger which gives the background and other award winners. So once the nomination/awarding is done, most importantly you have to pay it forward…and nominate 15 other bloggers, here are my picks in no particular order, some of these I frequent on a regular basis and others I have just stumbled upon but believe each has something unique to offer:
1. Lifes Better the Milky Way (I have no idea where her blog name came from or what it means but as a fellow breastfeeding mama, I just love it)
4. Play 101
7. Los Porchs
11. Mommy Talk
Whew, that was a long list of linking, but it includes some really great people/blogs so check them out and make their day by upping their stats page on a random day, because let’s be honest our hearts always flutter a little more with unexpected visitors. Now I’m suppose to tell the person who nominated me 7 things about moi… yikes, here goes 7 completely random things about myself…
1. I would only name my children names that did not return results as being in the 1,000 most popular baby’s names for the past 5 years on the Social Security website. (Although I think we’re doomed with Pippa in the future, but may get off on a technicality since she’s Philippa)
2. I adore having things monogrammed but refuse to have anything monogrammed with my husbands and my initials because he has a double J and it bothers me.
3. Number 2 above has probably saved me significant monogramming costs over the last 5 years.
4. I constantly contradict myself although not on purpose, I just evolve at a very quick pace or so I like to think.
5. I never know what to say when people ask me if I have any brothers or sisters, I was essentially raised as an only child but have a half-sister and brother on one side and a half-brother on the other and while I adore said half siblings I feel like I have to write a novella for what should be a one word maybe two-word answer.
6. If I could adopt all the unwanted children in the world and have the means to feed and clothe and love them, I probably would.
7. My husband is my rock and without him I would be completely miserably lost.
- The Versatile Blogger Award….moi?? (birdmartin.wordpress.com)
- Another award?! (diapersandstilettos.wordpress.com)
- I Won The Versatile Blogger Award (whatsupyournose.wordpress.com)
- Just Won the Versatile Blogger Award ! (pilogic.net)
- the versatile blogger award (thoughtofvg.wordpress.com)